What is Inclusion?
Inclusion provides a choice for individuals of varying abilities to experience recreation programming within their community. NSSRA and partner agency staff work closely with the participant and family to provide enriching recreational experiences while maintaining safety and confidentiality.
Inclusion services are available to participants of programs offered within NSSRA’s thirteen partner communities at no additional cost to the family. Once a need has been identified and communicated to one of our partner agencies, a request for Inclusion support is submitted, and we take it from there.
NSSRA’s Inclusion Services also include, when necessary, staff training, program modifications/adaptations, modified equipment and program observations.
Reasons to Request Inclusion Services
- A parent or family member recognizes that a participant would benefit from additional support in a partner agency program
- Partner agency staff identifies a need for additional support, for safety and programmatic reasons, and communicates this need to the family
Requesting Inclusion Services
When registering for a program with one of NSSRA’s partner agencies:
- Mark the accommodation section of the registration form
- Once the registration form is submitted, the partner agency will contact the family to discuss the type of Inclusion support needed for the participant
- The partner agency will provide NSSRA with an Inclusion request that contains both program and participant information
- The family is then contacted by NSSRA to further discuss the needs of the participant and get input on the type of support required
- NSSRA will work with the partner agency to put the necessary Inclusion accommodations in place for participation in the desired program(s)
- Communication between NSSRA, partner agency staff, and the family continues throughout the Inclusion process
For Additional Information
Each of NSSRA’s partner agencies has a contact at its agency who is available to answer questions regarding Inclusion.
Deerfield Park District
Contact: Laura McCarty
Glencoe Park District
Contact: Bobby Collins
Glenview Park District
Contact: Joe Pollina
Park District of Highland Park
Contact: Julie Nichols
City of Highwood
Contact: Scott Coren
Kenilworth Park District
Contact: Johnathan Kiwala
Lake Bluff Park District
Contact: Jim Lakeman
City of Lake Forest Recreation Department
Contact: Joe Mobile
Northbrook Park District
Contact: Nancy Eschker
Northfield Park District
Contact: Jim Reuter
Village of Riverwoods
Contact: Kris Ford
Wilmette Park District
Contact: Mary Liz Jayne
Winnetka Park District
Contact: Toby Ross
With any other questions, contact Meggan Davies, Recreation Manager for Inclusion, at
(847) 509-9400 x6828 or email@example.com.