Okay, now that you’ve got the basics covered, here’s what you really need to know about going on an overnight trip with NSSRA.
We have several overnight trips offered throughout the year:
- One short 2 day trip in the spring for participants ages 8-21 years
- Adaptive Sports Center Ski trip in the spring for participants 18+ (four days, three nights)
- YMCA Camp Duncan each August for participants ages 8-24 years (five days, four nights)
August 12 – 16, 2019: Camp Duncan
- Camp Wigwam each August for participants age 18+ (eight days, seven nights)
August 16 – 23, 2019: Camp Wigwam (Maine)
- One short 2 day trip in the fall for participants ages 8 – 21 years
December 7 – 8, 2019: Sheboygan Shenanigans
- One short 3 day trip in the fall for adults 22+
December 13 – 15, 2019: Discovering the Dells
New to overnight trips? It’s a good idea to start slow. First-time participants are required to take a short 2-3 day trip to warm up. This helps get comfortable with the independence of being away from home and experiencing so many new and exciting things all at once. This also helps us evaluate your readiness for a longer trip. Once you are comfortable being away from home and our team gives you the green light, you can get packing for Camp Duncan or Camp Wigwam! Click here for more information about trips and our complete trip policy.
Recently we’ve been everywhere from the Wisconsin Dells to Nashville, to Madison and the Mall of America. Taking a trip with NSSRA is a great excuse to hit the road with your friends!
Once you’re registered we’ll get you all the details for your trip, including a much better packing list! For general questions, contact Katie James, Recreation Specialist for Trips, at (847) 509-9400 x6833 or firstname.lastname@example.org