Highland Park, IL – The Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association Foundation (NSSRA Foundation) is thrilled to announce the exceptional success of the annual SWING Golf Outing held this year at the scenic Wilmette Golf Club. The outing, which took place on Friday, September 15, brought together friends and supporters of the Foundation and garnered overwhelming support from the community, resulting in a record-breaking fundraising achievement of $52,000.
The event was a resounding success with perfect weather and stellar celebrity golfers, including Matt LaChapelle and Miguel Lara, who had spectacular drives for all the attendees! The event also saw the enthusiastic participation of Northwestern Tennis Athletes, who lent their skills and energy, creating an unforgettable experience for all.
The NSSRA Foundation and NSSRA express their most profound appreciation to all supporters, sponsors, participants, and volunteers who contributed to the tremendous success of the SWING Golf Outing. Together, we significantly impact the lives of individuals with disabilities in our community.
The NSSRA Foundation’s mission is to support the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA) by raising and granting supplemental funding. The NSSRA Foundation has consistently provided financial assistance to children, teens, and adults with disabilities who demonstrate financial need. The Foundation also contributes funds for specially equipped vehicles to transport participants to programs safely and offers ongoing support for the growing demand for new services and programs NSSRA offers.
Over the years, the NSSRA Foundation has achieved several milestones:
- Providing approximately 200 scholarships annually.
- Raising over $2.5 million for NSSRA programs and services in the last 25 years.
- Raising $4 million for the A Place to Belong Capital Campaign.
- Purchasing accessible vehicles for NSSRA, providing approximately 18,000 rides for participants each year.
- Sponsoring NSSRA special events, enabling participants and their families to attend the Shining Stars Awards & Recognition Banquet and Summer Bash for free or at a reduced rate each year.
Of course, this remarkable achievement would not have been possible without the generous support of our sponsors.
- LaChapelle Family Foundation
- Leahy Family Foundation
- Twin Brook Capital Partners
- John Ver Bockel, Maureen Raihle and Neil Koricanac
- Strategic Talent Solutions
Bloody Mary & Mimosa Bar Sponsor
- Johnson Schaff
Golf Ball Sponsor
- Wintrust Community Banks
- Binstein Family
- Blackshaw Family
- Glencoe Park District
- Hartemayer Family
- Napoli Family
- Maxwell Connelly
- Deerfield Park District
- Jennings Chevrolet / Volkswagen
- Rory McIlroy
- Medansky Family
- Gwen and Ches Porter
- Shaw Family
- WB Olson, Inc.
- Woodhouse Tinucci Architects
For more information about the NSSRA Foundation and its mission, please visit nssrafoundation.org.