Safety is at the center of everything we do, including our path forward as we navigate the changing Covid-19 environment. On Wednesday, November 11, the Illinois Department of Public Health announced recommendations to help decrease the positivity rate and help prevent the spread of Covid-19. While not officially mandated, we feel these recommendations are essential to ensuring the safety of the NSSRA community and the community as a whole and have been the guiding information on all decisions since March.
These new recommendations include:
- Work from home, if possible.
- Participate in essential activities only.
- Limit gatherings of mixed households.
- Travel only if necessary.
Effective Monday, November 16, 2020, NSSRA will adjust the following:
- All in-person NSSRA programs will be canceled until further notice. Any future dates will be refunded to the credit card used, or a household credit will be assigned.
- The NSSRA office will be open by appointment only Monday – Friday from 9 am-4 pm. Most NSSRA full-time staff will work remotely and can still be reached via email or voicemail.
- NSSRA will continue to support Partner Agency Programs and evaluate each accommodation on an individualized basis to determine the appropriate approach.
- The release of the Winter Program Guide and the registration period will also be delayed to ensure we include updated information. The Program Guide will be released on Monday, November 30, 2020, and registration will run from 9:00am on Monday, December 7 through Friday, December 11, 2020, at 12:00pm.
- The NSSRA Administration will continue to monitor official mandates, guidance from IDPH, and other local health officials to determine the next steps.
How to Contact Us:
General Questions – Call the NSSRA Office: (847) 509-9400 or the NSSRA On-Call Phone at (847) 452-3369
Program Questions – Call or email the program leader of the program.