If this is your first job and you’re not sure what to do, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Maybe you’ve been doing this for a while, but need some refreshers on specific topics — we’re here to help with that too.
All NSSRA employees attend our New Hire Orientation, which includes the basics on safety, policies, behavior management and lifting/transferring participants. Once those foundational subjects have been covered, you are welcome to register for further training on various subjects (full list below).
- All staff are paid an hourly rate to attend training. There is no registration fee.
- All trainings are conducted by NSSRA staff, so your instructors are just a phone call or email away from answering your questions and walking you through additional scenarios.
- Your training records and expiration dates are easily accessible online through BambooHR.
- Training will give you skills and knowledge you can apply outside of NSSRA and help enhance your leadership, communication, problem-solving and creative abilities.
- Activities of Daily Living
- Behavior Management
- Crisis Prevention Intervention
- Driving (Operation of NSSRA vehicles)
- First Aid/CPR
- Lifting & Transferring
- Program Leadership
- Special Olympics Coaching