- Flexible hours: We work with you on your schedule to best fit programs to when you are available. We staff by season so it is easy to adjust your schedule from season to season due to school commitments, other job schedules or family needs.
- Referral Program: We offer a referral to current employees. For each applicant an employee refers, and the applicant is hired and works a program, the current employee will receive a gift card. To receive this referral, applicants must list the current employee’s name on their application.
- IMRF (Pension Plan): All employees who work over 1,000 hours per year are enrolled in IMRF. The plan is funded by employee deductions and agency deduction. IMRF is a well-funded, stable pension plan that offers plans to many municipalities and government agencies throughout Illinois.
- ICMA-RC: ICMA-RC is an additional, optional retirement planning fund. Employees are able to design a 457b for their needs and assist planning for their retirement. There is not an hours requirement necessary for this plan.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): We offer a confidential, third-party EAP to all of our employees. They provide assistance for financial, legal, wellness issues or assisting in finding doctors and day care services.
- Pet Insurance: All employees enjoy a discount offered by Nationwide Pet Insurance (formally VPI Pet Insurance). By enrolling through NSSRA, employees receive a 10% discount on all service packages.
- Glenview Credit Union (GCU): Because NSSRA is a Northbrook business, employees are eligible to join GCU regardless of where you live. GCU offers great accounts, loan and discounts that are not offered by large commercial banks.
- Verizon Wireless: Offers all state governmental agencies a discount. By showing proof of employment at NSSRA, employees will receive an 18% discount on cell/data services.
While being able to take advantage of all of the benefits listed above, full-time employees also receive:
- Vacation, Sick and Personal Time: Eligible employees receive one vacation day and one sick day per month worked for the first 5 years. They also receive 4 personal days to use within each calendar year. Eligible employees also receive 8 paid holidays in each calendar year.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: NSSRA offers a full medical package to all eligible employees. We also offer dependent care medical packages.
- Life Insurance: All eligible employees receive life insurance up to 2x their annual salary. There is the opportunity to elect additional insurance and dependent insurance.
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA): All eligible employees have the ability to contribute to an FSA plan to assist with medical expenses.
- Additional Personal Insurance: NSSRA and Colonial Life offer an additional insurance program to all eligible employees. Employees may enroll in Short-Term Disability, Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Professional Development: As a full time employee there will be many chances to attend seminars and workshops to enhance your learning. NSSRA is very aware of the need to stay current on new issues, changes and advancement within one’s professional field, so we offer the ability to participate in these opportunities throughout the year.
- Fitness Program: Full time employees have the ability to attend fitness programs through a partnership with our partner agency facilities.