Age: 18 and up
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 1
Location: Adaptive Sports Center, Crested Butte, Colorado
NSSRA is heading back to the mountains for another trip of a lifetime to Adaptive Sports Center (ASC) in Crested Butte, Colorado! ASC, founded in 1987, started with a small but passionate group of individuals that began offering ski instruction and equipment to participants with disabilities. ASC is now a therapeutic recreation organization that operates year-round with activities ranging from mountain biking and skiing to ice climbing and kayaking.
ASC and NSSRA offer participants a ski/snowboarding trip in the mountains of beautiful Crested Butte, Colorado. Prior experience with skiing or snowboarding is optional; ASC staff will pair up with our group to provide adaptations and individualized lessons. Pack your warm winter clothes and join us for an exhilarating adventure!
- Fee includes airfare, bus shuttles, meals, accommodations and all associated skiing/snowboarding costs.
- Participants are expected to carry out all activities of daily living independently. Minimal staff guidance and prompting is provided to remind participants of activities of daily living.
It is not recommended that you register if you tire easily when walking or if you do not have the desire to ski or snowboard for the majority of each day.
- The group will be staying at one of the Adaptive Sports Center-owned buildings. Participants will share rooms with peers of the same gender. Staff will not be present in any rooms overnight, but will be present in the building. To arrange for a single room, please contact Lacey Allen, Recreation Specialist for Trips, to make arrangements, if available, by the registration deadline.
- NSSRA will send a trip packet one month before the trip. All new participants and guardians must attend a trip information meeting.
- New participants must attend a short overnight trip prior to Friday, December 1 for NSSRA staff to assess readiness for this trip.
- For additional trip details, please contact Lacey Allen at (847) 509-9400 x6833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Sunday, February 25 – Thursday, February 29
Program Code / Fee: 141001-01 / $600 deposit (Approximate fee will be $2,450 – $2,750)