Friday, May 8
In addition to the start of NSSRA’s summer program season being delayed to Monday, July 6, changes have also been made to the camps listed below. Our Summer 2020 Program Guide has been updated (view here).
NSSED/NSSRA Summer Program
- Greenbriar Site – Cancelled/Virtual Option Available
- Township 113 at Deerfield High School Site – TBD
- Transition Site – Cancelled/Virtual Option Available
- District 225 at Glenbrook North High School Site – TBD
- Weeks 1 – 3 – Cancelled/Virtual Option Available
- Weeks 4 – 5 – TBD
District 34: Backpack Bandicoots
- Cancelled/Virtual Option Available
Lake Forest Rec Program
- Cancelled/Virtual Option Available
- Running at this time
Earlier today (Friday, May 8) virtual camp and registration information was sent to participants and families who registered for camp in 2019 or 2020. If you did not register for camp one of the last two summers but would like information about virtual camp, email Recreation Manager Blair Hill at email@example.com.
Please note: refunds for cancelled camps will be processed. If you paid by credit card, your card will be refunded within the next two weeks. If you paid by cash or check a check will be mailed to you by Friday, June 19. Please contact Jeanne Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding refunds.
Finally, participants and families registered for Camp Duncan and Camp Wigwam will be notified of any potential changes by the end of June.
Wednesday, April 29
Summer Program Season Delayed – Register Here
In light of Governor Pritzker’s extended stay at home order, the start of NSSRA’s summer program season is delayed to Monday, July 6. These program delays apply to NSSRA programs and the ELA Program. Our Summer 2020 Program Guide has been updated (view here) with program adjustments and cancellations. Updates regarding camps will be communicated the week of Monday, May 4. Please note: payments for summer programs are not required at this time and will not be processed. Any payments provided will be held until a later date.
In the meantime, we are excited to announce that we will have expanded virtual program offerings beginning this coming Monday (including weekend and evening options) and we hope you’ll join us on Zoom until we can be together in person again. Look for an email update coming later this week with sign up options for virtual programs.
With questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Registration opens Monday, May 4 at 9:00 am. Click the links below for some helpful registration tips going into Monday:
NSSRA’s building is currently closed to the public, however, we will be conducting registration as normally as we can. Please note, on Monday, May 4: Registering online through WebTrac at 9:00 am remains the best, fastest option to get into your favorite programs
- Registration forms may be dropped off in the dropbox outside NSSRA’s front door (3105 MacArthur Blvd., Northbrook)
- Forms in the dropbox before 8:00 am will be considered early registration and will be processed in random order
- NSSRA staff will check the dropbox at 8:45 am on Monday, May 4 and then on the hour, beginning at 10:00 am through 5:00 pm
- After Monday, May 4, the dropbox will be checked once per day
- All visitors must use appropriate social distancing when placing forms in the dropbox
- No deposit is needed to register for programs
- Because the building is closed, NSSRA phones will not be on; with questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in the dropbox and we will get back to you
Please note: limited NSSRA staff will be in the office on Monday, May 4 to collect and process registrations. Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and following social distancing recommendations. As a reminder, as of May 1 masks are now required in public.
As always, NSSRA program registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis. Some programs have become so popular that they may reach their maximum capacity prior to the registration deadline. We encourage you to register early!
Complete registration information can be found here: How to Register
Whether registering online through WebTrac, or dropping the paper registration at the office or in the mail, all participants must have the current 2020 Annual Information Form (AIF) on file with the NSSRA office prior to registration. The AIF can be completed online OR printed and then mailed, emailed or dropped off to the NSSRA office.
Summer program guides will be mailed via first class mail on Monday, April 20 to participants and families and are also available online. If you do not receive a program guide in the mail as expected, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or by calling the NSSRA office at (847) 509-9400.
Once registered, a receipt will be sent to the email address on file. Please be sure to review your receipt to confirm program enrollment as well as to review your current program enrollment status (enrolled or waitlisted).
The registration deadline for Summer 2020 programs is Friday, May 15 at 5:00 pm.